Functional Anatomy Applied to Yoga
with Lucas Benet & Susana García Blanco
MADRID december 2-5REQUIRED MODULE from the Advanced Teacher Training 300 h
- To understand how the body moves and how tis different parts work together in a balanced way through the practice of ASANA
- To know the functional anatomy applied to movement and to avoid injuries in your body and your students.
- To integrate the knowledge teaching the main actions for each group of postures to offer to the students a safe and efficient way of practicing.
This course is neither a medical professional training nor a Yoga Therapy intensive.
We assume a basic knowledge of Anatomy.
Anusara Certified Teacher and creator of this module
Certified Anusara yoga teacher and creator of the Functional Anatomy as Applied to Yoga Module for the Advanced Teacher Training . Meditation practitioner, expert in manual therapy techniques as Osteopathy and Rolf Method, with more than 20 years of experience. He has a constant relationship with the body through sports and yoga. Registered asYoga Alliance ERYT 500.
In love with outdoor sports, windsurfing national ex-champion and father of two girls, he lives in Marbella with his family.
Parte 1: General Anatomical Concepts in Relation to Yoga: Consciousness, Prana and The Breath, The Nervous System, The Myofascial Net, Optimal Blueprint, Three-Dimensional View of the Body, GravityParte 2: Study of the Main Movements in Yoga and Preventive Therapeutic Application Asana and General Types of Movements
- Flexion or Forward Bending
- Extension or Backbending
- Asymmetrical Poses (one leg forward, the other back)
- Side Bending
- Arm Balances
- Hip Openers
Parte 3: The Study of Anatomy in Sections
- Spinal Column
- Pelvis and Hips
- Lower Extremity (Knee and Foot)
- Upper Extremity