Anusara yoga® Immersion & Teacher Training in Moroccofebruary & march 2017
Get deep. Reach high !
... bathe into your own light...
... enjoy a new culture....
... powerful nature...
...find your center...
...expand your practice...
...study the yoga tradition...
Come to Morocco for an amazing experience, getting deep into the practices and teachings of yoga and reaching high into the infinite possibilities of your being. You will learn the powerful and transformative Anusara yoga practice and you will get lots of inspiration and resources to teach safe and powerful classes that reach to the heart of your students.
This training includes two Anusara yoga® distinctive courses that combined together make the 200 hour Teacher Training. These courses are the Immersion and the Teacher Training or Teaching Methodology.
Training is divided into two MODULES:
MODULE 1 February 8th-19th Immersion part 1 & 2
MODULE 2 March 17th – April 2nd Immersion 3 & TT
The Anusara yoga® Immersion is a 108 hours course for anyone wanting to deepen their practice and knowledge of the different aspects of yoga, even with no intention to become a yoga teacher. The Immersion is a rich exploration of asana, alignment, pranayama, meditation, anatomy and yoga philosophy. The focus here is on being a yoga student and integrate the Anusara yoga® method. Full information about the Anusara yoga Immersion and its contents HERE.
Officially named Teacher Training, I like to call this 92 hour course Teaching Methodology. Its goal is to learn how to teach the Anusara yoga method, once you start integrating it into your self and your practices. You will get many resources and techniques to teach powerful and inspirational clases, safe for your students, with clear alignment instructions. To have completed a full Immersion is a pre-requisite to register for this course. All the information about the Anusara yoga Teacher Trainings and its contents HERE.
The 200 h Anusara yoga® Teacher Training is recognised by the Yoga Alliance.
For registration download the pdf
Who could be interested in this training
- Yoga students that want to deepen their practice and knowledge of yoga
- Yoga students that want to become yoga teachers and are going to take their first Teacher Training
- Yoga teachers that want to expand their understanding and their resources for teaching yoga.
- Beginner students that want to take an intensive to boost their practice will get what they need from Module 1.
Reasons to do a residential yoga training:
- Taking time just for yourself far away from day obligations
- More time and energy to dive into the practice and teachings
- Share fully this experience with like-minded people. You will make friends for all your life!!
Reasons to come Morocco
- An opportunity to know and feel this magical land of the South of Morocco
- Being close to the Ocean
- Nice weather
- A new culture
- An exotic destination easy to reach
- Mastering your camel pose!
Susana Garcia Blanco
Anusara yoga & Acroyoga teacher
Yogini, surfer, traveler, student of life. Always amazed by the creative power of the human heart (hrdaya shakti), her mission is guiding students to that inner place of wisdom and power. Her classes are a place for transformation where she helps students to find their limits, with love and awareness, structured sequences and precise instruction. Everything infused with her passion for Philosophy, Myth and the therapeutic possibilities of yoga.
The first Certified Anusara Yoga® Teacher in Spain (2006) and E-RYT 500® Yoga Alliance, she is active part in the ASHY (Anusara School of Hatha Yoga) Certification Committee. Acroyoga Certified teacher as well, she has explored other yoga styles like Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini, Vinyasa. Her main teachers are Sianna Sherman, and Douglas Brooks and Sally Kempton, from whom she receives the gift of Tantric Philosophy and practices.
She is being teaching workshops, Immersions and Teacher Trainings in Spain and internationally since 2007. Nowadays she is based in Morocco. In llove with the Ocean, she finds a great connection and freedom through surfing and she founded Yoga Surf Morocco to offer retreats that combine these two practices of the heart. She feels grounded in the simplicity of her life in Africa. For her, yoga is the adventure of life when you live to the highest.
Tamraght, in the south of Morocco is quiet bereber village with a beautiful heart where locals live side by side with surfers in a peaceful rhythm with the Ocean. We are 5 minutes from the famous surf center of Taghazout. In words of my friend Clare Beagley, “… each evening in Taghazout there is a special moment where the serenity of the ocean and the glowing sunset gives way to twilight, the sea begins to roar her melodious chant and one by one the stars begin to cover the sky. It’s truly magical”. All this happens to the sounds of remembrance of the Divine from the local mosque.
We welcome you to the peace and majesty of this place as we dive into these days of learning and transformation.
The villa & the yoga shala
We will stay in a beautiful villa in the berber town of Tamraght (Maroc Surf camp villa). Our yoga shala is built in wood and glass and has amazing views over the Ocean and over the sunset. Accommodation will be in shared rooms with shared bathrooms. Single room option has an extra cost of 15€ per night. We will have very nutritious meals adapted to your needs, so you can be at your optimum energy during the training. Please lets us know about any dietary restrictions.
February 8th & March 17th are arriving days.
We will start the training in the afternoon-evening, depending on arrivals of the group. We will have an initiation circle, creating a personal and community intention and we will have our first dinner together.
Training ends on February 19th & April 2nd after breakfast.
How a typical training day could look like
(This is just an example. Time schedule might change from module 1 to 2 with season conditions)
8.00 -10.00 Yoga & Meditación
10.00 -11.00 Breakfast
11.00 -13.00 Lectures
13.00 -14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 16.00 Free time
16.00 – 17.00 Lecture
17.00 -19.00 Yoga practice
19.00 – 20.00 Lecture
20.00 – 21.00 DinnerSchedule might change depending on teaching program, weather,… There will be one day off (or two half days off) for people to go surfing or to explore the surroundings or simply chilling out.
The Anusara Immersion & Teacher Training in Morocco gave me full insight in to the yoga philosophy and the importance of alignment, making me feel confident to teach yoga in a “safe” way. The practical exercises helped me a lot to better understand the theory and function of the body.
Susana’s a very inspiring teacher with many years of experience, sharing her private stories as helpful examples. She established a lovely and trustful environment amongst us participants, allowing me to step out of my comfort zone and open up to something new.
I’m very grateful to have had the chance to conduct this of training in English on my doorstep on Morocco!
Registration & payments
To make your reservation send us your information (your name, email address and preferred options) from the contact form at the side of this text or writing directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. In a maximum of 7 days you will receive an email with all the information to make the payment. Please download the informative pdf where you will find information about all the materials needed for the course.
There are three options for registration and payment of the yoga training
- Full 200 hours Teacher Training (10% discount of training price) It includes 108 h of Immersion and 92 hours of Teacher Training
- Module 1 – February 8th -19th (72 h). It includes Anusara yoga Immersions 1 and 2.
- Module 2 – March 17th to April 2nd (128 h). It includes Immersion 3 and the Teacher Training. To register for this option you must have completed Immersion 1 and 2 before
Then you have to choose in between two more options:
- RESIDENTIAL OPTION – full lodging in Maroc Surf Villa and all meals during the training
- NON RESIDENTIAL OPTION – it includes all the meals during the training
For registration download the pdf
For all options there is an early bird discount of 10% of training price. Early bird price is until December 20th. Make your reservation as soon as possible so you have time to get all needed materials!!! If you cannot make full payment by October 1st you could make a deposit of 500€ to reserve your spot and the early bird discount. Full payment will be due by November 1st to keep the early bird price.
Deposit and payment are final and not reimbursable.
For further information contact us at email@example.com
Full Training 200 h
3.259 € (3.585 €)
1.340 € (1.474 €)
2.245 € (2.470 €)
early bird (after early bird)
2.854 € (3.139 €)
1.158 € (1.274 €)
1.981 € (2.179 €)
early bird (after early bird)
Download the pdf
- Yoga training (depending on module)
- Use of the yoga shala and all the yoga material
- Accommodation in shared room with shared bathroom. Linen and towels included.
- 3 delicious and nutritious meals per day
- Water, teas and fruits
- Transport from/to Agadir airport
Price does not include
- Anusara yoga Manuals and required books for the Immersion or the Teacher Training. Check into in the pdf
- Flight tickets
- Transport from/to Marrakech airport. We can arrange your transport individually or in a group. Price is subject to number of people travelling.
- Any optional activity in the free time, like surfing, trip to Paradise Valley, therapeutic massage, energy healing or hammam.
- Extra fee of 15€ per day for single room.
What do we need from you?
Once you have made the payment to reserve your spot, please send us an email with payment confirmation at firstname.lastname@example.org with your chosen options. In the same email send us the following information:
- City and country you are coming from
- Cell phone number
- Facebook name – there will be a Facebook Group for the Training
- Yoga experience and Anusara yoga experience
- Any injuries or limitations
- Dietary restrictions
What do you need to bring?
- We recommend that you get a travel insurance that covers any medical problem.
- You don´t need to bring your yoga mat but feel free to do it if you wish. All yoga material will be provided.
- Required books and manuals
- A journal and something to write
- Weather in this area is usually very nice: warm or hot during the day and cool in the night due to the Atlantic breeze. In Morocco temperature can change dramatically due to the wind, even in the midst of summer. Bring some warm clothing for the nights and early mornings. Winter is usually mild but some times it is also cold. In december bring also a jacket.
- Sun is always strong here. It is essential to bring a cap or a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. Really, sun is much stronger than in Europe.
- Bring your own beach towel.
And the most important thing to fully enjoy Morocco and a yoga training: a big smile and an open heart.
Flights & travel arrangements
You can flight to Marrakech or Agadir airports. Many low-cost companies fly to Morocco from most of the European cities: Ryanair, Easyjet, Veiling,… among others. Royal Maroc and Iberia are usually more expensive options and fly both to Marrakech and Agadir.
If you flight to Agadir airport the transport to the villa is included in the total price. If your flight arrives into Marrakech, there are different options: bus to Agadir (around 13€ one way), a taxi (100-120€ and can be shared by four people) or a minibus for a group in the case that several participants arrive there. The trip from Marrakech is about 3 and a half hours.
If your flight to Marrakech arrives late in the day, we ask you to please book your flight for the day before and to spend a night in Marrakech. This city is one of the main tourist destinations of Morocco and has a great offer of accommodation and entertainment.
Looking forward to see you in Morocco!!!
OM SHANTI SHANTI SHANTI