200 hours Teacher TrainingJune & September 2020
Get deep. Reach high !
...expand your practice...
...study the yoga tradition...
... powerful nature...
... enjoy a new culture....
... beautiful connections...
A residential teacher training is a powerful experience, to get deep into the practices and teachings of yoga and to reach high into the infinite possibilities of your being, as a teacher and as a human being. It is an opportunity to gift yourself with quality time, away from daily obligations and habits, sharing the path with others and creating life lasting connections. Coming to Morocco adds the experience of a new culture. The beach is at walking distance (just five minutes away!) and you will have some free time to enjoy the purification power of the ocean, the sand and the sun.
In this training you will learn the powerful and transformative Anusara yoga practice and you will get lots of inspiration and resources to teach safe and powerful classes that reach to the heart of your students.
The training includes two Anusara yoga® distinctive courses that combined together make the 200 hour Teacher Training. These courses are the Immersion and the Teacher Training or Teaching Methodology.
MODULE 1 June 24th – July 5th Immersion
MODULE 2 September 9th -20th Teaching Methodology
The Anusara yoga® Immersion is a 100 hours course for anyone wanting to deepen their practice and knowledge of the different aspects of yoga, even with no intention to become a yoga teacher. The Immersion is a rich exploration of asana, alignment, pranayama, meditation, anatomy and yoga philosophy. The focus here is on being a yoga student and integrate the Anusara yoga® method. Full information about the Anusara yoga Immersion and its contents HERE.
Officially named Teacher Training, I like to call this 100 hour course Teaching Methodology. Its goal is to learn how to teach the Anusara yoga method, once you start integrating it into your self and your practices. You will get many resources and techniques to teach powerful and inspirational clases, safe for your students, with clear alignment instructions. To have completed a full Immersion is a pre-requisite to register for this course. All the information about the Anusara yoga Teacher Trainings and its contents HERE.
The 200 h Anusara yoga® Teacher Training is recognised by the Yoga Alliance.
Who could be interested in this training
- Yoga students that want to deepen their practice and knowledge of yoga can take the Immersion Module.
- Yoga students that want to become yoga teachers and are going to take their first Teacher Training
- Yoga teachers that want to expand their understanding and their resources for teaching yoga.
- Beginner students that want to take an intensive to boost their practice will get what they need from Module 1.
Reasons to do a residential yoga training:
- Taking time just for yourself far away from day obligations
- More time and energy to dive into the practice and teachings
- Share fully this experience with like-minded people. You will make friends for all your life!!
Reasons to come Morocco
- An opportunity to know and feel this magical land of the South of Morocco
- Being close to the Ocean
- Nice weather
- A new culture
- An exotic destination easy to reach
- Mastering your camel pose!
Susana Garcia Blanco
Anusara yoga Certified Teacher, Rasa yoga Teacher, yogini, surfer, student of life
Yoga is, for me, a journey of transformation, through which we live life from the highest: from the inner place of wisdom, love and power,
Always amazed by the potency of the human heart creative power (hrdaya shakti), my mission is to guide students in the path towards their own heart, through yoga and other consciousness practices. My yoga classes and intensives are a place for transformation where I help students to find their limits, with love and awareness, with structured sequences and precise instructions. In them you will find asana, movement, pranayama, mudra, mantra, meditation, and my passion for Philosophy, Mythology and the therapeutic possibilities of yoga.
Find my full bio HERE
Tamraght, in the south of Morocco is quiet bereber village with a beautiful heart where locals live side by side with surfers in a peaceful rhythm with the Ocean. We are 5 minutes from the famous surf center of Taghazout. In words of my friend Clare Beagley, “… each evening in Taghazout there is a special moment where the serenity of the ocean and the glowing sunset gives way to twilight, the sea begins to roar her melodious chant and one by one the stars begin to cover the sky. It’s truly magical”. All this happens to the sounds of remembrance of the Divine from the local mosque.
We welcome you to the peace and majesty of this place as we dive into these days of learning and transformation.
The villa & the yoga shala
We will stay in a villa in the berber town of Tamraght. Our yoga shala on top is built in wood and glass. Accommodation will be in shared rooms with shared bathrooms. Single room option might be an option at an extra cost once we know how many people sign up for retreat. We will have very nutritious meals adapted to your needs, so you can be at your optimum energy during the training. Please lets us know about any dietary restrictions.
June 24th & September 9th are arrival days.
We will start the training in the afternoon-evening, depending on arrivals of the group. We will have an initiation circle, creating a personal and community intention and we will have our first dinner together.
Training ends on July 5th & September 20th after breakfast.
How a typical training day could look like
(This is just an example. Time schedule might change from module 1 to 2 with season conditions)
08.00 -11:00 Yoga & Meditación
11.00 – 12.00 Brunch
12.30 – 16.00 Class: lectures, more practice,…
16.00 – 18.00 Free time
18.00 – 20.00 Class: lectures, practice
20.00 – 20.30 Meditation
20.30 – 21.00 DinnerSchedule might change depending on teaching program, weather,… There will be one day off (or two half days off) for people to go surfing or to explore the surroundings or simply chilling out.
The Anusara Immersion & Teacher Training in Morocco gave me full insight in to the yoga philosophy and the importance of alignment, making me feel confident to teach yoga in a “safe” way. The practical exercises helped me a lot to better understand the theory and function of the body.
Susana’s a very inspiring teacher with many years of experience, sharing her private stories as helpful examples. She established a lovely and trustful environment amongst us participants, allowing me to step out of my comfort zone and open up to something new.
I’m very grateful to have had the chance to conduct this of training in English on my doorstep on Morocco!
Registration & payments
To make your reservation fill up the registration form with your information. In a maximum of 7 days you will receive an email with all the information to make the payment
Please check also the page with recommended texts where you will find information about all the materials needed for the course.
There are three options for registration and payment of the yoga training
- Full 200 hours Teacher Training (10% discount of training price) It includes 100 h of Immersion and 100 hours of Teacher Training
- Module 1 – June. 100 h – Anusara yoga Immersion
- Module 2 – September. 100 h – Teacher Training . To register for this option you must have completed the Immersion in Module 1 or at any other time
For all options there is an early bird discount of 10% of training price until March 1st. Make your reservation as soon as possible so you have time to get all needed materials!!! You need to make a deposit of 500€ to reserve your spot and the early bird discount. Full payment will be due by May 1st to keep the early bird price.
Deposit and payment are final and not reimbursable.
For further information contact us at email@example.com
- Yoga training (depending on module)
- Use of the yoga shala and all the yoga material
- Accommodation in shared room with shared bathroom. Linen and towels included.
- Delicious and nutritious meals every day except one dinner
- Water, teas and fruits
Price does not include
- Anusara yoga Manuals and required books for the Immersion or the Teacher Training. Check this info in this downloadable pdf
- Flight tickets
- Transport from/to Marrakech or Agadir airport. We can arrange your transport individually or in a group. Price is subject to number of people travelling.
- Any optional activity in the free time, like surfing, trip to Paradise Valley, massage or hammam.
Start the journey
What do we need from you?
Once you have made the payment to reserve your spot, please send us a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org . In the same email send us the following information:
- City and country you are coming from
- Cell phone number
- Facebook name – there will be a Facebook Group for the Training
- Yoga experience and Anusara yoga experience
- Any injuries or limitations
- Dietary restrictions
What do you need to bring?
- Please, get a travel insurance to cover any medical problems
- If you buy your flights immediately, please get an insurance that covers course cancellation. Or wait until the group is totally confirmed to buy your tickets
- You don´t need to bring your yoga mat but feel free to do it if you wish. All yoga material will be provided.
- Required books and manuals
- A journal and something to write
- Weather in this area is usually very nice: warm or hot during the day and cool in the night due to the Atlantic breeze. In Morocco temperature can change dramatically due to the wind, even in the midst of summer. Bring some warm clothing for the nights and early mornings. Winter is usually mild but some times it is also cold. In december bring also a jacket.
- Sun is always strong here. It is essential to bring a cap or a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. Really, sun is much stronger than in Europe.
- Bring your own beach towel.
And the most important thing to fully enjoy Morocco and a yoga training: a big smile and an open heart.
Flights & travel arrangements
You can flight to Marrakech or Agadir airports. Many low-cost companies fly to Morocco from most of the European cities: Ryanair, Easyjet, Vueling, Air Arabia,… among others. Royal Maroc and Iberia are usually more expensive options and fly both to Marrakech and Agadir.
If you flight to Agadir airport we can arrange a taxi (not included in the price of the training). If your flight arrives into Marrakech, there are different options: bus to Agadir (around 13€ one way), a taxi (100€, it can be shared by four people) or a minibus for a group in the case that several participants arrive there. The trip from Marrakech is about 3 and a half hours.
If your flight to Marrakech arrives late in the day, we ask you to please book your flight for the day before and to spend a night in Marrakech. This city is one of the main tourist destinations of Morocco and has a great offer of accommodation and entertainment.
Looking forward to see you in Morocco!!!
OM SHANTI SHANTI SHANTI