Anusara Yoga Immersion contents
In the Anusara Yoga Immersion you will learn and explore ….
IMMERSION I – the basics
- Anusara Yoga Universal Principles of AlignmentTM
- The 3 As
- Syllabus 1 yoga postures
- How to align yourself balancing strength and flexibility and experimenting the freedom and joy of being in your body; optimal blueprint.
- Introduction to the History of Yoga.
- The three main schools of Yoga Philosophy and how their views influence the practices.
- Yoga Philosophy: first contact with Tantric Philosophy, foundation of Anusara Yoga and an introduction to its basic concepts, the two highest purposes of yoga; intro to the 36 tattvas.
- General principles of breathing (pranayama), meditation and contemplation.
- Anatomy: Anusara yoga jargon; general organization of the skeleton; anatomy of breathing; the spine.
INMERSION II – deepening
- Universal Principles of Alignment™
- More on the Anusara Syllabus 1 and intro to some asanas from Anusara Syllabus 2.
- A deeper perspective on Tantric Philosophy .
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Classic and Tantric visions of most significant sutras
- The 36 Tattvas – Categories of Existence
- Intro to Sequencing
- Deeper exploration of pranayama and meditation
- Anatomy and kinesiology of the main muscular groups.
INMERSION III – purna (fulness)
- More on the Universal Principles of Alignment ™ and Anusara Philosophy.
- Asanas from Anusara syllabus 1 & 2 and variations.
- Bhagavad Gita – Integration of the yoga paths
- Anatomy of the Subtle Body: chakras & koshas
- Intro to Ayurveda: the doshas
- Intro to the three malas.
- More on Pranayama, Meditation, Contemplation and home practice.
- Anatomy and kinesiology of arms, hands, legs, feet and neck.